Even though Celsius goes to great lengths to ensure the safety of our users funds, your account is only as protected as you make it.
Here are some safety tips that we recommend you follow so that your account is as protected as possible:
- Change the password associated with your email address to a unique and strong password.
- Use a minimum password length of 8 or more characters;
- Include lowercase and uppercase alphabetic characters, numbers and symbols;
- Generate a password randomly;
- Avoid using the same password twice (e.g. across multiple user accounts and/or software systems).
- Add 2FA to your email login - if you haven't already.
- Change the password associated with your Celsius account to a unique and strong password (if your account is registered via social signup this is not necessary). Please see the recommended rules above.
- Make sure to use a unique and strong PIN (do not use birthdays, important dates, etc.).
- Add 2FA to your Celsius account. For more information on how to turn on 2FA please watch the video below.
For and easier and safer use of the app, you can also activate your device's biometric scanner in order to access your wallet. You can follow our guide on how to enable biometric authentication here.