Here are the steps you will need to complete in order to buy crypto within the app using bank transfers.
Keep in mind that this feature is entirely powered by GEM, so you will need to complete a separate KYC process. We are working towards a shared KYC policy with our onramp partners and the double KYC requirement should be removed in the near future.
The transfer of your information is encrypted end-to-end. Your credentials will never be shared with Celsius Network. Gem will verify your email in order to protect your information.
In order to purchase coins via the bank transfer option please follow the steps below:
1. Open the app,
2. Tap on Buy Coins button on the Wallet page in the app,
3. Tap on the Buy Coins button
4. Choose the Bank Transfer option,
5. Enter your email address (under which your account is registered) and complete the Captcha test,
6. Check your email inbox and enter the 6-digit code that you received,
6. a. example of an email that you will receive,
7. Choose the Buy option (If you didn't set up a payment method yet, please check out this link),
8. Fill in the required fields:
a) Amount of crypto you will receive ( e.g. 1.25 ETH, 0.35 BTC ),
b) Type of coin you will receive ( e.g. ETH, BTC, LTC ),
c) Value of your purchase in fiat currency,
d) Fiat currency in which the transaction will be charged ( e.g. USD, EUR)
e) The payment you previously added
9. Confirm the transaction,
You will receive a message that the transaction has been initiated successfully.
That's it! The transaction will be processed in 3-5 working days. You can see the pending transaction by tapping on the Total Wallet balance in the app.
If you have any questions about your transaction(s) we advise you to reach out directly to Wyre(ACH) or Coinify(SEPA) depending on the service provider that you used. We don't have insight into their system.